Student Smart Save Account
This Product seeks to nurture a savings and investment culture among students of the University of Ghana and other affiliate Institutions.
- A Savings Account targeted at students in our affiliate institutions (e.g. UG, UPSA etc.)
- Account holders shall save regularly at least once a month.
- Minimum expected monthly contributions would be GHS 30.
- Minimum account balance for students will be their monthly minimum savings (GHS30).
- Account holders would benefit from interest on savings.
- Account holders may withdraw at any time during working hours leaving the minimum account balance of (GHS30)
- The account holders can continue to operate the account after school.
- A completed form prescribed by the Union
- Student ID card or other proof of affiliation to the University of Ghana and affiliate Universities
- Passport pictures (two)
- Ghana Card
- No service charges on account
- Free use of mobile banking platforms.
- Free telephone banking
Benefits to the student
- It gives students a higher interest in their savings as compared to the commercial banks.
- Through its high yield, the savings account promises a better life after school.
- Students get to cultivate the habit of savings and investment.
- The package grants students some form of investor confidence in the unknown after school.
- It can be easily accessed.
- Students who proceed to work with member institutions have the privilege of upgrading and enjoying the full benefits of a member.
- Account holders can continue to operate their accounts after school.